Saturday, June 19, 2010

My stylist overcharged me... what should I do?

So I got my hair cut and highlighted today. The total ended up being $140. Granted I've never highlighted my hair I didn't know how much of a tip to give her... so I left her $10. So I should have been charged $150. (Reading online about stylist tips I guess I should have left more... but she does own the salon) Anyway... she charged my card $168! I don't know if I should run the risk of looking cheap by calling her out on it or just let it go... The principle kind of bothers me though that she would do that. What do you think?



My stylist overcharged me... what should I do?

Well, I've never heard of mandatory tipping at hair salons...and certainly not set percentages. She probably made a mistake. What I'd do, is go back to the salon and ask about the overcharge. If she admits it was a mistake, and you're feeling generous...I'd tell her to keep the charge as a tip. If however she's rude and/or tells you anything about under-tipping, I'd demand the entire overcharge back(including your 10.00 tip) and not go back.



My stylist overcharged me... what should I do?

I would go back and talk with the manager, they keep a log with appointments on what it was for. Discuss it with management :)



My stylist overcharged me... what should I do?

the prices vary.......but most charge more.....what was the given price?



My stylist overcharged me... what should I do?

I think you should spend your next $140 bucks sending food to Africa to starving kids.



Either that, or get your GED.



My stylist overcharged me... what should I do?

You are not looking cheap at all...What she did was WRONG...she may have just made a mistake but you must go back and say something....Bring your receipt and just explain nicely...Say something like...I think there was a mistake made....as long as you are nice about it dont worry...like I saod everyone makes mistakes...but you CANNOT let it go.



My stylist overcharged me... what should I do?

I know salons that charge $125 for hair cuts and $150 for hair color or highlights including tips, but she ripped you off because the agreement wasn't that you pay 168. If she had you sign a receipt and you over looked how much you were charged then you should let it go because that was your mistake but if not, then definetly go after her. It's not being cheap, it's being fair and honest. But either way I don't think you should go back there and let her know how you feel about it.



Anyways though, don't upset yourself over it. If she gives you some of the money back then good, if she doesn't then just learn from your mistake and make sure you have a confirmed agreement on how much yu will be charged.



Good Luck, and I hope you're happy with your hair style!



My stylist overcharged me... what should I do?

weel go back be and tell the person aye maine u over charged me foe this...if she dont call ya bank and get a dispute for it believe me this will work...



My stylist overcharged me... what should I do?

you got ripped off. id be back at that salon asap! thats not cool! call her out on it for sure. i work hard for my money and im sure you probably do too. btw-that is one expensive hair cut and hilite! i hope it at least turned out nicely. and 10.00 was a great tip! she is so rude and crude!



My stylist overcharged me... what should I do?

If she owns the salon, there probably isn't much you can do about it. I'm pretty sure most hair salons set their own prices.



My friend got her hair highlighted with 2 or 3 different highlight tones, and the highlighting was about $70.00 and she had pretty long hair at the time. That was at JC Penney's salon in the mall.



And rule of thumb usually is 10-15 % of the total cost. I think you might have been ok on the tip you left her. Besides, most people don't think to tip their hair stylist anyways.



My stylist overcharged me... what should I do?

Try working it out with the salon first. It was probably a mistake and they will credit your account the difference. If, for some reason, they do not or they tell you that it was supposed to be 168 dollars then you can call your credit card and dispute the amount. The credit card company will usually work it out for you and credit the difference to your account but do not wait to long. If you have a receipt then you are more likely to get helped from the credit card company. If the salon did in fact make a mistake and charge you to much they are likely to credit your account and offer you something "like 10% off your next visit" or a free blow out or something like that. Most salons want happy customers.



My stylist overcharged me... what should I do?

You should double check their policy. At some salons and spas they will automatically charge you 20% gratuity. Sounds about right if she added $28 bucks to your bill. If there is no fine print or a sign at the register then you should for bring it their attention because that's pretty shady. If you feel that her service is only worth $10 then stick with it. I would have personally left $10-$15 if I was just satisfied with the service or $20 if I loved my new hair.

2 comments:

  1. You're telling people to get a GED when you work at a fucking salon.. Get real

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a shock when i was charged$306.at the salon my hair is long had full head color few high lights.

    ReplyDelete

 
avast