Saturday, November 28, 2009

Why do you tip hair stylists?

Are they on commission or independent contractors simpling renting space and making margin on products sold. I've always done good work in a service business but made my living off of margin and long hours. Secondly, 20% on a cut and color is huge and crazy or maybe I just don't understand how they are paid. Please, help me understand so I can be a better patron. My salon is great but already expensive! Thanks for any help offered!



Why do you tip hair stylists?

ok its not the traditional tip of percentile. its like $5 or less. the reason is because they do a great job. if they dont, no tip. stylist get paid differently depending on the salon. sometimes its independent and they have to rent a station. or its on commission or its based hourly. but you also have to remember most sylist have to buy their own products when it comes to curlers sprays etc.... its just to help up. but again it is NOT required. some salons charge so much that the tip is included. thast how i see it anyway



Why do you tip hair stylists?

Well I tip them because they are on comission and when they do a good job, you want them to know it. I know its already expensive but they dont get paid a ton. It's like tipping a waiter or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
avast